My photo
style enthusiast based in skostredet. I want to be exuberated!

Thursday 31 March 2011

Not quite riff raff...


I did promise to get back in top gear and write about my undertakings for the last 8 months. So, first up.

 A vibrant west coast city of Norway, 18 designers, one week, and numerous well chosen locations.
That's the recipe for Bergen design week's concept named Raff Design. 
Raff Design took place between the 30th of August and the 4th of September.

Raff Design 2010's line up included, yours truly, Norwegian Rain, Siv Støldal, Hansen Garments, Kristian Aadnevik, Lars Tornøe, SVA Magazine, Grandpeople, Scandinavian Surface and various other creatives based in or from the vibrant city of Bergen.

The idea was to use existing spaces to showcase the works of the various designers. Clothing boutiques, bookshops, empty spaces at the world heritage buildings at Bryggen, a local bank, etc.
In this way, designers were presented to the public at large in a democratic sort of way. Instead of the closed sets usually reserved for the style and design conscious crowd, the week long design week was open to all and sundry.
In my shop space I presented Lars Tornøe's 'Copenhagen' chair.

For my presentation, I chose a sewage cleansing station with huge turbines right in the centre of bergen. This was to juxtapose my designs and present my work in a totally different ambience than than I would normally do.
It raised eyebrows and made pedestrians and cars driving by slow down or stop to take a closer look at the exhibition.


For Norwegian Rain, Alexander and I introduced some ruggedness into Lot333's beautiful shop.

Raff design 2011 is in the pipeline.

All pictures snapped by my iphone.
NORWEGIAN RAIN

NORWEGIAN RAIN

T-MICHAEL

T-MICHAEL

T-MICHAEL

T-MICHAEL


KRISTIAN AADNEVIK

KRISTIAN AADNEVIK

HANSEN GARMENTS

HANSEN GARMENTS

LARS TORNØE AT T

No comments:

Post a Comment