My photo
style enthusiast based in skostredet. I want to be exuberated!

Tuesday 12 January 2010

T-MICHAEL VS SHIGEO FUKUDA

RIP Shigeo Fukuda


                                                         

Japanese designer, Mr Shigeo Fukuda was a prolific, playful and a well renowned graphic/ poster artist. He was also a sculptor and a trompe l'oeil artist. More of the man and his work here.

I was introduced to him by Bent rené synnevåg, a friend of mine. Bent is also a photographer. He translates all my designs and projects into images.
Bent showed up with his moleskine jotter and presented me with the ideas for the 2010 collection shoot.
He had a sketch of this poster and the name of the maestro.











I did some reading on the man and we decided to shoot
the collection based on this poster.
Friends and friends of friends are rounded up (we do that a lot, since there are not many models in Bergen)
By this time Mr Fukuda had passed away. So it turned out to be a well fitting homage and tribute to the man and master.

The images that follow is my homage and tribute to Mr Fukuda, featuring my 2010 collection.
Introducing Snorre Martinsen- art director at mkbergen, Daniel Karlsen- jack of all trades and Henning Severud- http://www.myspace.com/telephonesmusic as 'top models'.

Click for large size
Idea and images by Bent René Synevaag
Location: Skostredet, Bergen













1 comment: